Oldalak

hétfő, július 04, 2016

busy as a bee... tusals, wips and more...

Okay I have been missing in action from my blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't been productive... just lazy when it comes to posting...

Let's start with the tusal posts as today is our ort report day! 

I took a picture for June, but didn't post here only on instagram... go figure... and I have today's picture to show off...

so here are my full ort jars in their glory!


June


July

So as you can see lots of stitching going on!

I have a few finishes to show, so I'll do those first and then my wips that I have going on...

First up is Love Cube by AAN - I made it into a wedding sampler for my nephew who is getting married at the end of the month.  It just needs to be ironed and stretched, as we already have the frame.

I stitched with Dmc 816, Nina's threads in old gold and raven on 32ct silver mist jobelan by Stephanie

Next up is Blue Village by Satsuma Street.  This is my first but not last stitch from this designer... love their whimsical and colourful designs.


I stitched on 32ct winter solstice jobelan by Stephanie using the called for threads.

Next up is the last finish to show, and also another first for me... My first ever stitch/finish of a Just Nan pattern.  I have a few Nan patterns in my stash, but until now I have never stitched any.  I really like the way this turned out.


I stitched it with the called for threads on 32ct pollywog Princess jobelan by Stephanie.

Next up a wip, and a couple of new starts...

I made some really good progress on my Cornwall Cottage Sampler, I won't say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet, but it is getting closer!


Stitched on 32ct ivory jobelan with the called for Weeks threads.  As you can see, I've changed the alphabet part a little and centred the bottom line... I didn't want to add that "wrought by" box...once the basket is finished I will decide what to do with the two spaces at the beginning and end of that line... if I will just leave them blank, or  add some sort of motifs ...

I also have two new starts... I started Reflections of Canada by Ink Circles on Friday - July 1 - Canada Day.
 
I'm stitching it with DMC 815 on white jobelan... I am unsure of the count... I believe it to be 28 but when I checked it, it came to 25ct... however I don't ever remember owning 25ct fabric... so I really have no clue other than it is white...
I'm making pretty good progress on this, and love seeing all of the small details come to life...
 
My other new start is Mother's Honour Due by Blackbird Designs...


I am actually a bit further along on this pattern but this is my most up to date photo.  It is being stitched on ivory jobelan 32ct I believe, with threads from my stash.  Nina's threads: Hunter, Amber
GAST: claret, and Crescent Colors: peapod, wild berries.

I plan on personalizing it by adding not only my mom but my grandmothers names to it as well

Anyways, that is it for now... until next time happy stitching!

2 megjegyzés:

Marilyn írta...

That's a lot of threads!
Great finishes, the wedding piece is unique.
Cornwall is looking great, you have a lot done.
Marilyn

Unknown írta...

Beautiful finishes. So glad you are continuing with Cornwall Cottage Sampler. I am so pleased I have completed mine but now I need to decide how to finish it. Love your new starts.